Are you looking to join an industry leader and pioneer in the world of industrial robotics?
Novarc Technologies is an award-winning technology company based in North Vancouver, B.C. Since opening its doors Novarc has taken home the Innovation award at the Novarc Vancouver Chamber of Excellence Awards and most recently, first place in the Excellence Technology Innovation Awards (TIA).
Novarc Technologies builds advanced collaborative welding robots for pipe welding applications. Novarc uses sensor-based controls and computer vision with cutting edge software and hardware to improve the quality and efficiency of pipe welding. Our main product, the Spool Welding Robot (SWR) is a state-of-art collaborative robot that is currently being shipped internationally. Come join our team!
As a Mechatronics Technician, reporting to the Manufacturing Coordinator and part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for the timely assembly of the SWR and ensuring it is built to the highest standard of quality and to Novarc’s engineering specifications, feeding back quality and manufacturing improvements to the team to help better the SWR and production methods over time.
This person is a critical link in the team and enables the success of the SWR with our clients.
The successful candidate must be able to attend an interview in person and will work out of our North Vancouver, BC office; Monday to Friday.
** Regarding COVID-19 Safety – Novarc Technologies is following strict guidelines as recommended by the BCCDC, The BC Ministry of Health, and WorkSafeBC to ensure the safety and well-being of our team, clients and visitors.**
- Technical training and/or diploma in a related field (mechanical, robotics, mechatronics, electronics or similar)
- Good motor skills and the ability to do fine mechanical assembly, with some electrical assembly
- Ability to check for defects and redline production drawings for both incoming and outgoing parts and assemblies
- Ability to read and carefully follow mechanical and electrical engineering drawings and instructions
- Experience in a start-up manufacturing or small scale production environment
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Capable of working independently to a firm production schedule
- Ability to work in an open and honest group on how to improve designs, systems and processes
- Is skilled at using PC based computer software
- Fieldwork and equipment installation experience
- Experience optimizing areas for Kanban, inventory, and production layouts
- Ability to occasionally work long days as required to meet production targets
- Experience troubleshooting and point-to-point testing electrical systems
- 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday, starting at 730AM
- Mechanical assembly: 3 years (Required)
- Electrical system assembly: 2+ years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday