We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered company that provides high-quality custom manufacturing services. We have the expertise and resources to assist businesses with their outsourcing production ranging from individual components to complete assemblies.
We provide a wide range of in-house services including laser metal cutting and water jet services for various types of materials. Furthermore, we provide our customers with numerous value-added services such as forming, rolling, welding and fabrication, finishing and assembly, and various other engineering services.
About the Position
Reporting to the Manager Metal Fabrication, the shop helper will be mainly responsible for polishing and grinding parts as well as any other tasks needed to be done such as sweeping and assisting in setup.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer remuneration commensurate with experience, and in accordance with our established salary guidelines. We offer a competitive package which includes health and dental benefits.
Probation: 3 months.
Shifts: Morning (8:00AM – 4:00PM), Evening (4:00PM -12:00AM), Night (12:00AM – 8:00AM)
- Helping the operators with tasks
- Polishing and grinding parts
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- You are motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- You have the ability to communicate with co-workers to ensure production schedules are met
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- You have the ability to work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- You have the ability and desire to work manually with hands
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have proven measurement and mathematical conversion skills including tape measures, angle gauges, protractors, and callipers
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in similar role/workplace
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently throughout the work day
- Must be able to accommodate changing work shifts, including midnight to 7:00 am
- Must be able to stand and to work with hands for extended periods
- Must have good spatial awareness and hand-eye coordination
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Metalworking: 1 year (preferred)