CNTNR Modular Building Solutions (www.cntnr.ca)
CNTNR Modular Building Solutions is an innovative modular manufacturing company that is challenging the status quo of the construction industry. We have pioneered a manufacturing process using repurposed steel shipping containers, prefabricated into modular building blocks and assembled on-site to create container-based structures. The result: eco-friendly, structurally superior buildings in half the time of traditional building processes that are also beautiful, functional, and modern.
With a product this spectacular we need a team equal to it. If you have the skills and drive to be part of the next generation of construction, apply today. We offer competitive wages, performance bonuses, and profit sharing—because we want the best.
Metal Fabricator/Fitter – Lead Hand
We are looking for an experienced and creative Metal Fabricator/Fitter who is able to lead by example. This is not a supervisory role, but a hands-on role. You will be reporting to the foreman of the Metal Department.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, charts and tables
- Construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
- Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods
- Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy-metal components
- Install fabricated components in final product
- Align components using levels, squares, tape measures, etc.
- Ensure all company-owned equipment and tools are available, in good working order, and properly stored
- Practice standards for safe working conditions
- Show by example a positive and creative approach to fabrication
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Experience using a variety of equipment and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Creative thinker who is able to improvise
- Detailed, organized, thorough and accurate
- Physically fit to perform tasks
- Working at Heights Training (fall arrest) considered an asset
- Craning and Rigging experience an asset
- Committed to professional development and ongoing learning; accepts training and direction well
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team while also maintaining individual tasks and deadlines
- Dedicated to working within and promoting a safe work environment
- Journeyperson Metal Fabricator/Fitter is a strong asset
- Journeyperson Welder is considered a strong asset
- Current CWB / All Position tickets is considered an asset
- Overhead crane and rigging experience is considered an asset
- Full time, permanent position
- Start Date: May 2021
- Start Location: Welland, Ontario
- Company Profit Sharing
To learn more about us, please visit us at https://cntnr.ca
CNTNR is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We fully embrace the differences that make us stronger and will rigorously uphold protections against discrimination and harassment outlined in provincial and federal law.