Metal Fabricator – Maher Metals
MCM – Located in Stoney Creek, Ontario, Maher Metals is a supplier and fabricator of sheet metal and plate products. We provide cutting, forming and welding services for diverse industries including power generation, mining, construction, oil & gas. We are currently looking for a Metal Fabricator to join our team.
At Maher and Co Metals Inc., safety is our top priority and continuous improvement is a way of life. We value personal integrity, respect for people, responsible stewardship and commitment to excellence. These values are supported at the highest level. Our team members embody these values by treating everyone in a manner that promotes trust, dignity, fairness and respect.
What you will do:
- Learns and provides quality customer service to co-workers
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
What you will do:
Work with heavy plate steel
Read and interpret blueprints
Plan the sequence of tasks and assemble parts according to drawings
Fabricate steel weldments and use measuring instruments
Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together to form complete units or sub-units
Fasten components together (by tack weld) in preparation for a welder to complete the process,
Adhere to quality control standards and procedures
Operate and use various other tools and hand grinders
Other duties as required.
- Cleans and maintains the work areas and equipment
- Immerses metal products in cleaning solutions
- Looks after landscaping including lawn cutting.
- Learns and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe work environment always
- Always learns and practices safety in the workplace to ensure he or she does not endanger oneself or others in the plant
- Learns and complies to all safety regulations, approved policies, and procedures without any deviance.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- A high school diploma
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures as defined in the OHSA (Ontario Health and Safety Act)
- Experience in steel fabrication environment
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume when applying.
What we bring:
- Competitive wages
- Personal growth, career advancement opportunities
- Feedback and recognition for a job well done
- Education and apprenticeship support
- A workplace that prides itself in high safety standards, cleanliness, respect, and results.
Maher Metals has implemented the ISO 9001:2015 standard as its quality management system and is committed to the continual improvement of all its processes. We comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for six months and may be considered for future positions within MCM. Your interest in Maher Metals is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.