We are currently seeking a Rebar Fabricators/ General workers to join the production team in our Richmond Hill shop. The duties in this position range from pulling product and operating material handling equipment, to the proper handling and packaging of an order.
Hiring for three shifts:
6AM to 2PM, 2PM to 10PM, 10PM to 6AM
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and pick structural steel/rebar from the warehouse racks to fill orders
- Operate overhead cranes to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate a rebar bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specific shapes
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths (training will provided)
- Unload trailers and store materials in storage bins
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Assisting process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment used
- Follow proper safety procedures in accordance with the companies health and safety manuals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of essential machine maintenance.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivated team player with a “can-do” attitude that is able to troubleshoot, focus and organize work area.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to assist other plant personnel when required.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance