Melnik Mounts is hiring a Metal Fabricator, Welder, Assembler to join their team
Reports to: Operations Manager
Fabricate, machine, weld, assemble and inspect metal parts to produce digital signage mounts & brackets, height adjustable tables, carts, custom material handling solutions or other products that the company may develop and market. This position may have the opportunity to be involved in the design and prototyping of products.
Working in a safety conscious manner, the individual performs these major functions:
- Study job orders and drawings to determine machining operations to be performed. Read specifications.
- Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines such as, saws, drills, brakes, punch presses, and other hand tools to cut, bend, roll, punch and drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products
- Set up and operate machine tools to perform machining operations, such as drilling, grinding or other machining operations
- Operate machines or equipment which weld, bolt, screw or rivet metal parts together
- Operate metal shaping machines such as press brakes (in-house training provided)
- May cut, grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Check products for correct shapes, dimensions, and other specifications
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, calipers, and other precision measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective action or minor repairs
- Document work completed
- Clean or lubricate equipment and replace parts as required.
- Read and interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using
- processes gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Assemble, fit and install fabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished products using hand and power tools
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly and connect cables, tubes and wires as required
- Fasten parts together using bolting and riveting equipment or other fastening and joining techniques
- Check subassemblies and inspect finished products for quality
- Inspect products for conformance to quality standards
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
- Record information on products inspected and work orders. Mark defective parts or products for repair and bring to the attention of the supervisor
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment such as the forklift (Note: forklift training & certification to be provided)
- Load and unload vehicles using hand truck or dolly
- Check, count and weigh materials and products
- Maintain proper job costing by accurately tracking time worked against each job
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers, and other workers
- Clean work areas and equipment as required
Education RequirementSecondary School Diploma Experience Requirement
- Gr. 12 secondary school education is required
- Welding experience an asset with the expectation to obtain CWB certification on the job
- This position is full time.
- The employee must be comfortable with computers and will receive training on the software used for tracking activities, attendance and communication.
- The employee is expected to be familiar with the contents of the employee manual and adhere to safety and production procedures.
On-The-Job Training Opportunities
- Training on a wide range of CNC equipment
- Forklift training and certification
- CWB Welding Certification or Ticketing
- WHMIS & Safety Training
- Training on software used for tracking activities, attendance and communication
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization