The position is responsible for the metal finishing of production components. The position will report to the Welding supervisor.
- This position encompasses all aspects of metal finishing.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) practices and internal company policies specific to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) usage guidelines and compliance to industry regulations.
- Responsible for setup and operation of grinding, sanding, sand blasting, polishing equipment and other hand tools to Smooths surfaces of items to specified finish, using hand tools and powered tools.
- Read work orders, drawings and work instructions to review specifications to determine setup procedure, machine sequences and dimensions and surface quality requirements of finished product.
- Complete quality checks using precise measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers) to perform first article inspections on work to ensure compliance with technical specification and finished product quality instructions. Identify any non-conforming components for quarantine and disposition.
- Work with department supervisor to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications.
- Cross-train in other departments as required and perform or assist in other assigned duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of metal finishing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of fabricated assembly processes and workflows.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings and specifications.
- Sound understanding of machine tools and measuring equipment.
- Skilled in the use of standard grinders, polishing equipment, hand tools, crimps, screwdrivers, sockets, power drills, measuring equipment and material handling equipment.
- Read and interpret work orders, routing documentation, Bills of Material (BOM’s) and assembly drawings and instructions.
- Possess strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to use a PC
- Forklift certification
- Shop floor environment requiring hearing protection, vision protection, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate PPE clothing, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Ergonomics. Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 protocol in effect for plant and office.
- metal finishing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)