EXPERIENCED METAL RAILING FABRICATOR
Artistic Stairs Ltd. is recognized in Western Canada as a leader in the manufacture and installation of circular and straight stair and decorative railing systems. Since 1979, Artistic Stairs Ltd. has developed, designed, manufactured and installed stair and railing systems known for excellence, creativity, imagination and innovation. Look at our website.
We are currently looking for a metal railing fabricator to join the team and help with the continued development and growth of the company. We believe that the success of our corporation lies with all who are apart of the team. Individuals who are motivated for self-improvement, further success and looking for security within their roles will be a good fit.
Some of the benefits of being employed by Artistic Stairs as a Railing Fabricator:
· We put you through a fully paid training program
· Full-time employment
· Direct deposit every 2 weeks for payroll
· Medical/Dental plan
· WCB coverage paid by Artistic
· Field and shop support to guide and answer questions.
Welder/fabricator minimum 3 years’ experience as a red seal/journeyman, preferably in structural steel, proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints. Job will entail shop work with occasional onsite fabrication of mild steel/Stainless steel and aluminum railings and other projects as required.
· Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination squares and various other tools
· Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
· Cuts work pieces using powered and non-powered equipment/tools
· Removes rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
· Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
· Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment
· Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc
· Fabrication of specialty components such as handrails, guard rails
· Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
· Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
· Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
· High school degree
· Blueprint reading skills
· Work under pressure; attention to detail; maintain tight deadlines
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
A valid Driver’s License is a must. Submission of a recent driver’s abstract is required when coming in for an interview.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Job Type: Full-time
- Metal Railing Fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)