Vision Hollow Metal Limited is a privately owned Canadian business that has been actively involved in the steel door and frame industry since 2008. We are a leading-edge manufacturer of steel doors and frames for commercial, industrial, and institutional applications.
We are looking for motivated individuals with an appetite to learn and bring value to our team. Whether you are a recent graduate or have years of experience Vision can assist you in achieving your full potential and career goals. Our evolving culture is guided by our progressive mindset, cross functional training, and career advancement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a pre-inspection of equipment daily and record results
- Set up welding equipment, including containers with proper paint mixture
- Use power and hand tools
- Read and interpret drawings, and work orders
- Ablity to read measuring devices and read/use tape measure
- Mig weld assembly could include:
- · 3-sided frames· mitred or KD Custom
- · 4-sided simple windows· Transom’s· Use of square· Stock KD / Mitred· basic screens· Custom· Windows· Special cut outs· Rework
- Welding and finishing requirements
- Apply touch up paint if required
- Occasionally assist in other production areas to support workload requirements
- Skid and label products as required for order preparation
- Mechanical dexterity with good hand eye coordination
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift heavy items – weight handling up to 22.5 Kg (50 lbs)
- Read and interpret drawings
- Must be able to MIG welding requirements
- Must be able to read and use an imperial tape measure
- Attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Great communication skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Leadership skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
Vision Hollow Metal Limited is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
All as per Ministry
- MIG Welding: 5 years (preferred)
- Hand tools: 5 years (preferred)
- Grinding: 5 years (preferred)
- reading drawing/ production orders: 5 years (preferred)