- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification;
- Construction Millwright Trade Certification;
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal Endorsement.
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts;
- Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions;
- Installing machinery and equipment;
- Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation);
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery;
- Operate machining tools to fabricate parts;
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment;
- Welding techniques: Oxy-acetylene welding (OAW); Flux core arc welding (FCAW); Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG); Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW); Gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Confined spaces;
- At heights;
- Noisy and dusty;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
These requirements need to be met to represent knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform job functions.