KPIC Maintenance Services Inc. is a member of the FWS Group of Companies, specializing in industrial maintenance services, providing preventative and reactive solutions along with small project retrofits and expansions to our client’s facilities, primarily in grain handling, feed mill and food processing.
We are currently seeking skilled confident Millwrights with welding experience based in the Winnipeg, Portage la Prairie, Morden, Winkler and surrounding area, to join our Manitoba regional team. With this opportunity, KPIC Maintenance Services Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefit plan.
To ensure all assigned mechanical / welding related tasks are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner with a high level of quality, using safe work practices.
· Utilizes safe work practices and promote safety policies to others
· Must maintain a clean and safe work area
· Responsible for safe and conscientious use of equipment including forklift, skid steer loader, scissor lifts, and power tools
· Proficient in material take offs
· Reads and understands construction drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications
· Install, examine, diagnose and adjust various types of industrial and mechanical equipment
· Understanding of multi hp industrial drives, shafts, bearings, and lubrication
· Assemble and commission mechanical systems
· Supervises labourers and resources as required for a specific task
· Teaches and trains junior workers to develop trade related skills
· Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business interactions and strives to meet customer needs in a creative and safe manner
· Pleasant demeanor with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment
· Strong work ethic
· Experience as an industrial mechanic, preferably in an Industrial Maintenance setting. Agricultural Industry experience would be considered an asset.
· Journeyman status is preferred, and apprentice levels enrolled in a Millwright Apprenticeship program are an asset and will be considered.
· Welding experience will be considered an asset.
· Ability to effectively self-manage, plan, organize and problem solve.
· Possess or able to obtain first aid / CPR certificate
· Valid driver’s license is required.
· Ability to travel, occasional over-night travel required, all efforts are made for limited travel.
· Occasional over-night shift work required.
· Knowledge of winter construction techniques and ability to work in cold weather
Job Type: Permanent
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Industrial Mechanic experience do you have?
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Millwright/Welder: 3 years (Preferred)
- Millwright / Welder (Preferred)