Schedule: 14 days in, followed by 14 days off
Rate of Pay: $46.70/ hour
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for Mobile Maintenance Welder(s) to join our Mobile Maintenance team reporting to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor.
Detour Lake is the second largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The open pit mine is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometres northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometres by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt.The mine is situated in the area of the historic Detour Lake open pit/underground mine operated by Placer Dome which produced 1.8 million ounces of gold from 1983 to 1999. The Detour Lake operation has a mine life of approximately 22 years with an average gold production of 659,000 ounces per year.
The Mobile Maintenance Welder(s) will be responsible for providing support to the Mobile Maintenance team by providing efficient, reliable and safe welding repairs while ensuring compliance with all safety and regulatory procedures and acts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and welding process specifications;
- Operating manual or semi-automatic flame cutting, brazing and soldering equipment;
- Performing structural welding repairs to mining equipment and parts;
- Designing and fabricating metal/components as required;
- Properly follow Company’s policies and the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations for safe working procedures and environment;
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work area.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario provincial or Inter-Provincial (Red Seal) welder trade certificate;
- 5 years’ related experience, with 3 years’ experience welding on mobile equipment and parts;
- Experience with line boring is preferred;
- Knowledge and experience operating various welding equipment for positioning purposes;
- Experience working at a remote work site is an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.