This position performs production within prescribed codes, and according to prescribed procedures, specifications, and drawings. Must complete Welder Training Program. Must be able to pass and certify 3G and 4G FCAW welding test.
Core, Leadership, & Functional Competencies
- Ability to plan, organize, pay attention to details and multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Works Independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities outlined and delegated. Displays a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Flexible and Adaptable: Copes with ambiguity, change, and uncertainty effectively. Not hesitant to resolve lack of clarity, structure, or definition of outcomes then moves ahead.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines and Sabre’s quality expectations and application in the work place
- Manually positions pole assembly in pole rollers into proper position for welding.
- Reads and interprets drawings (including weld symbols) and specifications to ascertain proper location of attachments, as well as weld size and configuration.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches, fractions, and decimals. Uses tables to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions
- Adjust welding machines to achieve desired results within parameters of established welding procedures. Frequently pushes, pulls and lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Uses oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in accordance with published welding codes and specifications
- Uses MCAW welding process to weld small components or assemblies
- Wears protective equipment, including safety glasses, insulated welding gloves, leather sleeves and/or cape, and welding hood
- Works in confined areas at various locations on the small pole assembly line as necessary to weld components described above
- Uses chipping hammer, wire brush, motorized grinders, and motorized wire brush at various times to clean welded areas.
- Uses pneumatic drills and magnetic drills to drill carious size holes on pole assembly as required by drawings and specifications
- Visually inspects his/her work to identify material discrepancies and to ensure that welds have been completed satisfactorily in compliance with applicable drawings and specifications.
- Uses a weld gauge to measure weld size, standard and metric
- Reads and interprets work orders and daily production schedules.
- When called upon, assist fitter in assembling pole assembly. Uses measuring tape, level, square, and angle finder to measure distances and angles
- Uses oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma-arc torch for cutting steel.
- Operates assembly line conveyor system to move tubular shafts into position for cutting on band saw and for fitting. Operates band saw for cutting tubular shafts according to specifications.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Basic Math skills required
- Must be able to read and write.
- Ability to read blueprints required
- GMAW or Metal Core Welding experience preferred
- Must be able to stand 100% of scheduled shift. Lifting, pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, crawling under or over and occasional climbing of stairs/ladders heights up to 6 or 7 feet.
- Abnormal level of noise due to grinding, chipping, hammering requires hearing protection (ear plugs) be worn at all times.
- Must possess adequate dexterity and stamina to sustain expected production effectively.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English