NightShift: Mon-Thurs 3:30pm-2:00am ( Night Shift Premium Applies)
**Must have experience with welding aluminum
We are currently searching for an experienced aluminum welder to cut and join metals at our increasingly busy manufacturing plant. You will operate equipment to put together parts with a great deal of precision to meet our project specifications in the production of welded assemblies. You will be required to fabricate metallic parts or assemblies, applying fundamental knowledge of welding theory and procedures and utilizing your strong math skills.
- Read documents, computer screens, blueprints and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Gather and inspect raw material
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project requirements
- Operate shop equipment as required including saws, drills, grinders, sanders, etc.
- Keep a tidy and clean work area
- Produce components and assemblies as per specified requirements
- Regulates machine factors such as Wire type, gas flow, fixture locations.
- Maintain quality objectives and verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed
- Proven experience as an aluminum welder
- Experienced with a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Use of other hand tools such as grinders, calipers, saws, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, weld symbols and other drawings
- Must have outstanding punctuality and attendance
- Ability to work according to production schedules and deadlines
- Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills as well as the ability to handle changing demands
- Experience with aluminum and stainless steel preferred
- Metal Fabrication experience would be an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Welding: 3 years (preferred)