Offshore Combo Pipe/Plate Fitter/Welder
Gulf Copper Energy Services is currently accepting applications for experienced pipe/plate fitter/welders for a project located in the Gulf of Mexico. Weld and fit test will be conducted in Galveston, TX.
Project location will be in Gulf of Mexico
Per diem is provided for travel dates only
Will be staying on living quarters on rig.
Watersurvival is a plus but will train if necessary.
RigPass is a plus but will train if necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Layout, fabricate or repair metal plate, structural parts and/or pipe and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding according to specifications.
2. Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines.
3. Select pipe and/or plate sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
4. Measure, mark and install pipe and/or plate for cutting and/or threading per specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe thread and benders.
5. May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts.
6. Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torches.
7. Fit and weld pipe and/or plate in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and industrial components using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or tig welding process and procedures.
8. May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines.
9. Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine the welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
10. Welds components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
Required Education & Experience:
1. High School Diploma and/or one year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
2. Industrial and/or marine fitting/welding experience:
3. Must pass an ABS, or ASME weld test. Must also be able to pass x-ray testing.
4. Gulf Copper written pipe fitter test.
5. NCCER card preferred.
1. Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, etc.
2. Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
3. Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
4. Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
5. Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
6. Aboard ships, both on and offshore as well as confined spaces.
7. Must be able to stand and operate equipment up to four continuous hours.
8. The work requires long periods of sitting in awkward positions, standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
Necessary Equipment Operation:
1. Squares, levels and hand & power tools.
2. Blow torches- Motorized cutting torches; Pattern cutting torches; Welding torches
3. Gas welding, brazing, or cutting apparatus- Brazing equipment; Heliarc welding equipment; Oxyacetylene equipment; Portable gas operated arc welders.
4. Manlift or personnel lift- hydraulic truck lifts; Swing stages
5. Weld masks- Hand shields; Welding shields
1. Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and technical manuals.
3. Perform basic mathematical functions.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. High performance and a strong team player.
6. Commitment to company values and safety program.
7. Trained to work with a wide variety of materials, such as titanium, aluminum, or exotic metals, in addition to steel.
Fitter/Welder Position Basic Requirements:
Combo Fitter Welder-Pipe & Plate/Structural (COFW) – Fitter welder capable of fitting & welding Pipe, Plate and Structural with knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings.