GC Energy Services is currently seeking combo pipe fitter/welders that are capable of welding on SMAW 6G as well as can pipe fit. This project will be located in the Gulf of Mexico.
Duration & Hours: Project will be for 7 days working 7/12’s.
Candidates must have:
- Gov’t Issued ID
- HUET water survival preferred
- RigPass/SafeGulf preferred
*Company may be able to assist with credentials.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Measure, mark and install pipes for cutting and threading per specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe thread and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by using welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joint methods.
- Layout or review full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints. Ability to provide sketches or corrections on drawings as needed.
- Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Fit and weld pipe in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and industrial components using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or tig welding process and procedures.
- Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine the welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
- Welds components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma and/or one year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Industrial and/or marine fitting/welding experience:
- 1st Class: 3-5 years
- 2nd Class: 1-3 years
- Must pass an ABS, or ASME weld test. Must also be able to pass x-ray testing.
- Gulf Copper written pipe fitter test.
- NCCER card preferred.
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, etc.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
- Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Aboard ships, both on and offshore as well as confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand and operate equipment up to four continuous hours.
- The work requires long periods of sitting in awkward positions, standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
Necessary Equipment Operation:
- Squares, levels and hand & power tools.
Blow torches– Motorized cutting torches; Pattern cutting torches; Welding torches
Gas welding, brazing, or cutting apparatus– Brazing equipment; Heliarc welding equipment; Oxyacetylene equipment; Portable gas operated arc welders.
Manlift or personnel lift– hydraulic truck lifts; Swing stages
Weld masks– Hand shields; Welding shields
- Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and technical manuals.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values and safety program.
- Trained to work with a wide variety of materials, such as titanium, aluminum, or exotic metals, in addition to steel.
Powered by JazzHR