Gulf Copper Energy Services is currently seeking pipe welders that are capable of welding on SMAW 6G. This project will be located in the Gulf of Mexico.
Duration & Hours: Project will be for 7 days working 7/12’s.
Candidates must have:
- Gov’t Issued ID
- HUET water survival preferred
- RigPass/SafeGulf preferred
*Company may be able to assist with credentials.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to comprehend and utilize blueprints, sketches, drawings, technical
manuals, and work process instruction.
- Welds steel plates and pipe in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels, industrial components, and associated equipment.
- Have the skills to use various types of welding equipment for different types of metal.
- Welds components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Welds metal parts together using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or tig welding process and procedures.
- Highly skilled welders often are trained to work with a wide variety of materials, such as titanium, aluminum, or exotic metals, in addition to steel.
- Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine the welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma, some college or technical school certification, six months to one year(s) experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass an ABS, or ASME weld test. Must also be able to pass x-ray testing.
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, etc.
- Must be able to stand and operate equipment up to four continuos hours.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
- Some climbing (100 feet or higher) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Work on inland and offshore barges or in industrial settings.
- Enter round manholes with inside diameters of 18”, and other internally confined spaces.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
Necessary Equipment Operation:
Blow torches– Motorized cutting torches; Pattern cutting torches; Welding torches
Gas welding, brazing, or cutting apparatus– Brazing equipment; Heliarc welding equipment; Oxyacetylene equipment; Portable gas operated arc welders.
Manlift or personnel lift– hydraulic truck lifts; Swing stages
Weld masks– Hand shields; Welding shields
- Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and technical manuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
Commitment to company values and safety program
Powered by JazzHR