Firefly is seeking a rockstar candidate to support tube fabrication from raw stock through delivered assemblies. This individual will support the engine and stage integration assembly teams while working with engineers to identify design improvements and manufacturing improvements. Firefly iterates on propulsion hardware faster than any company in the world as the propulsion build facility is a few hundred yards from the engine and valve test facilities, allowing instant feedback on our build quality and performance. This unique environment lends an exciting day where an engine assembled that morning is tested in the afternoon, then several lines are replaced for a new configuration the next morning.
This position is located north of Cedar Park, in Briggs, TX.
- Perform OTW and hand-welding on tube assembliesDevelop weld schedules for orbital tube welds using different components, tube types, etc.
- Develop weld schedules for orbital tube welds using different components, tube types, etc.
- Proof and clean all hardware
- Perform OTW and hand-welding on tube assemblies
- Develop complex work instructions to improve build quality and ensure consistency
- Provide engineering desired changes to improve build quality and efficiency
- Inspect peer builds (buddy system)
- Develop and fabricate support tooling as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized production facility
- Provide feedback to management and team on how to continuously improve processes and quality.
- Proven experience with complex assemblies, e.g. production in aviation/automotive, Oil Rig maintenance/assembly
- 3+ years of experience with OTW and hand welding.
- 3+ years hands-on mechanical and assembly experience
- Ability to self inspect welds before submission to Certified Weld Inspection
- Able to read technical drawings and assembly instructions
- Proven experience with complex troubleshooting
- Comfortable working within an evolving process
- Flexibility regarding workflow and process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey methodologies for assembly and troubleshootin
- Two or more years of experience in one or more of the following fields.
- Rocket engines, turbomachinery, or complex component assembly
- Testing of pneumatic and/or cryogenic valves, fluid systems, actuators, or components.
- Civilian/Military aircraft engine experience considered.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years relevant experience
- D17.1 Certification in stainless and other exotics
- Knowledge of NDE inspections
- Certified as a weld inspector
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace is a U.S. based advanced space technology developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space systems progression. We are committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles. If you are great at what you do and would like to work with people who really want to make a difference, then Firefly is the place for you.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of Stat.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.