Motor Controls Inc. is a locally owned and operated 42-year-old industry leader. Here at MCI, we design, manufacture, and assemble UL listed electrical control panels for some of the world’s largest OEMs.
MCI also manufactures control systems for two MCI owned brands, Flowtronex and Water Equipment Technologies.
Our guiding principle – “Meeting our customers’ requirements, every requirement, every time”
Motor Controls Inc. in Dallas, Texas is seeking new Pem Operators and Stud Welders to work collaboratively with a highly talented, cross-functional team to create best in class products for our clients! The ideal candidate thrives in an agile environment and has a passion for building high-quality products using the latest manufacturing technologies. Continue reading to begin your journey with the MCI family, today!
Skills & Requirements:
- Start up, set-up, and operate the pem insertion machine to manufacture product specified on work orders using engineering prints and standard work instructions and inspection procedures.
- Verify that the appropriate pem nuts, studs or standoffs are being inserted per print
- Join fasteners to metal sheets using stud welder
- Properly follow instructions as provided on routings and other job related materials.
- Visually inspects to ensure product hardware is secure and undamaged.
- Conducts first piece quality requirements and completes required paperwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be able to read schematics and flow work order
- Ability to measure within 1/16 of an inch
- Must be able to stand for 10 hour days
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Know how to work with and contribute to a team
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year or more experience Pemming and/or Stud Welding preferable
We truly believe that where you work matters, and as an industry leader, we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy.
- MCI offices located right in the heart of Dallas, Texas
- Time off when you need it; we believe family comes first
- Fully stocked break rooms with access to food and drinks
- Company and team events
- Locally owned and operated company
- Free parking
- Competitive Salary
- Company contributed Health Insurance options,
- Dental and Vision Insurance options
- Employer-paid Teladoc
- 401K with matching
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off; up to 120 hours
Night – 4:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m., Monday – Thursday
Starting at $18 per hour
Other skills and abilities:
- Must be a team player and willing to perform tasks that may not be in a particular job description, take initiative when appropriate, and open to constructive criticism.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English in order to read schematics and communicate effectively with team members, engineers, management, etc.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Motor Controls, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Motor Controls, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dallas, TX 75220: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location