McLean Contracting Company is seeking qualified pile drivers/welders to join our growing team in Baltimore, MD region. Ideal applicants will have experience with wood, concrete, steel and pipe piles and experience with stick, MIG and torching skills in the marine/heavy construction field.
- Lays out, positions,secures and assemblies using electric, gas or other welding equipment.
- Fabricates, cast, forges or weld parts as specified by drawings.
- Preforms related task, to include but not limited to, burning, chipping, and grinding.
- Chips and grinds out holes, bubbles or cracks in work piece in prep for welding.
- Working knowledge various welding equipment, possesses the ability to troubleshoot if necessary.
Performs other job related duties as required.
- Integrates safety rules in all work elements; installation, movement and storage.
- Prevents and/or corrects unsafe conditions as the need arises.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- High school diploma or GED and/or 2 years related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Reliable transportation to work
- Effective Communication Skills
- Welding certifications a plus; D1.1, D1.5
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Maximize your Career Potential by taking advantage of the many opportunities available here at McLean Contracting Company. Whether you have worked in the industry for years or you are just getting started, you will find our Company provides opportunities for growth and advancement. McLean’s rich history includes countless success stories and all of them involve the hard work and dedication of our best asset, our employees! We hope that you will consider joining our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- pile driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma