AdvanTec/Advanced Flow Systems is looking for a positive, energetic, and knowledgeable person to join our Industrial division as a Steel Pipe Fabricator for Large Diameter Pipe and Vessels. The Pipe Fabricator will work closely with the Welders to ensure quality production, working together as a team to achieve daily goals set. The Pipe Fabricator is responsible for reading and analyzing blueprints and engineering drawings to correspond with the required pipe dimensions.
Shift: The shift will be Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 1:00am (evening shift with premium).
Essential functions for this role are:
- Cutting, prepping and fitting pipe per specifications
- Read and analyze drawings and blueprints
- Work closely with Pipe Welders
- Monitor quality of fabrication
- Adhere to all safety standards and SOP’s
- Other duties as assigned
If you have the following experience, qualifications, and skills, we want to hear from you!
- Red Seal Fabricator (required)
- Pipe Fabrication experience and background is required
- 2+ years’ pipe fabrication experience with open root type welds
- Overhead Crane experience an asset
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full-time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program and we have a great benefits package.
- We value our employees, and everyone has a voice in the organization.
AdvanTec/Advanced Flow Systems offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com. Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec. We thank all applicants in their interest, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.