First Achieve Engineering have an excellent opportunity for 2X Pipe Welders / Fitters to assist in the installation and welding of Stainless Steel, Steel pipes in their workshop in Ayrshire. This is a Long-Term Contract Opportunity. (6 Month Minimum) Paying in the region of £18 per hour. Monday to Friday, Day Shift.
The successful Pipe Welder / Fitter’s day to day duties will include:
- Ability to Weld Stainless Steel to a very high standard, Sedotan stainless / thin wall stainless etc.
- Ensure work is carried out to exact tolerances
- Ensure all operating conditions are correct.
- Undertake internal inspection of all completed jobs prior to despatch to main site
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is completed promptly, accurately and is despatched with the finished components.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and store scrap material appropriately on a daily basis.
- Ensure that machines are left in a clean and safe condition
- Assist colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and appropriate solutions.
- Communicate with suppliers and colleagues in a professional, competent and courteous manner.
- Adhere to H&S policies/ procedures and carry out all activities in a safe and responsible manner.
To be suitable for this Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of fabricating and welding on stainless steel and aluminium.
- Be able to TIG, MMA & MIG weld to a good standard, preferably previously coded.
- Ideally will be time served / served apprenticeship
- Relevant qualifications or training in the industry
- The ability to read engineering drawings and use dimensional measuring equipment to measure fabricated parts.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Previous experience of fitting and assembly of piping is highly advantageous
If you are interested in the role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button, then call 0141 816 0116 to discuss your CV in more detail.