Compass is seeking Pipefitters in our Calgary location. Reporting to the Foreman and Lead Hand this position is responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly, installing process and utility piping systems for natural gas and process plants while working within time schedules and maintaining quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Follow written and oral instructions from the Foreman, Lead Hand and Coordinator
- Clean, organize, and sweep the work area and yard as required
- Assist tradesmen as required
- Move parts and prepare materials in a safe and competent manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Use of basic hand tools and power tools such as drill press and band saw.
- Assist with light welding, grinding, cutting, drilling, tapping and fabricating brackets
- Fork lift driving and crane operation
- Assist in other areas of shop as required and assigned by Lead Hand/Coordinator
- Participate in Compass Safety Program including accident investigations and worksite inspections
- Wear PPE and observe health & safety policies and procedures at all times
- Read and interpret blueprints, select pipe sizes, types, and materials such as supports according to specifications, fabricate supports for clamping pipe
- Assemble and install process spooling, fit and install threaded socket weld pipe according to specs using welding and threading joints
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Indenture with Alberta Apprenticeship Board
- Compression industry and rigging experience
- Must have own tools as per the Compass Tool List for Tradesmen
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Control procedures: CWB, ASME, ABSA where applicable
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S, rigging, sling, and crane operation procedures
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb and work at heights over 10 feet, crouch, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, change room and lunch room require the use of stairs
- Able to work in a noisy, smoky, dusty shop environment with varying temperatures
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time