Division: Rambler Fabrication
Part of the Trotter & Morton Group of Companies, Rambler Fabrication is a pipe and pressure vessel fabrication and welding company that offers personalized customer service from estimation to fabrication and delivery for clients in the energy industry. With over 30 years of experience, our dedicated team of professionals provides quality workmanship at all stages of production to ensure only excellent products leave our facility.
We are looking to hire individuals who will contribute to our team of dedicated personnel by bringing their experience and willingness to learn to every project. We are currently looking for Apprentice Pipefitters and Welders to join our team!
What’s* in it for you*
- Competitive pay rates
- Extensive benefit plan
- Inclusive and engaging work environment
- RRSP contributions
- Fun company events and barbeques
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Journeyman Pipefitter / Journeyman Welder with assigned tasks
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding, (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Bolting and torqueing for hydro testing
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Ability to take orders and instructions
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts
- Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to learn on the job
- Strong blueprint reading skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow orders and instructions
- H2S, WHIMIS and CSTS required
- First Aid required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must have completed or be enrolled in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Year Formal Apprentice Training
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Experience in the Industrial or Oil & Gas sector or Fabrication Shop is considered a strong asset
We firmly believe our employees are our best assets and we are committed to providing ongoing training and support to allow them to reach their full potential. Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an industry-leader in safety, and we strive for an incident-free workplace in all aspects of our operations. If you have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, apply today and build a rewarding career as a member of our high-performing team.
Click New Resume/CV to begin the online application process. Click Existing Resume/CV if you have previously applied to a position and would like to update your online application profile.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time