General Job Description
Pipefitters/Steamfitters will be responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of pressure piping systems as per provided specifications. Piping systems include gas, water, steam, chemical, etc.
Job Duties and Accountabilities may include,
- Heavy rigging and hoisting.
- Reading and interpreting isometric and P&ID drawings and competently producing “as-built” drawings and isometrics.
- Planning pipe system layout to specifications.
- Measuring, cutting, threading and bending pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Fabricating piping/equipment supports, guides and brackets as per provided specification.
- Fitting up and preparing welded piping joints.
- Assisting in development of job procedures.
- Participating in preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspecting, examining, and testing installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Installing supports, valves, piping and control systems.
- Performing general maintenance checks to vehicles including cleaning, lubricating and refilling as necessary.
- General Welding tacking abilities required.
- Performing other activities as directed.
Education, Skills and Abilities Required
- Pipefitter/Steamfitter trade certification or equivalent
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with alloy materials an asset.
- Lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs
- Strong manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- This is moderately strenuous work. Pipefitters/Steamfitters must be capable of performing repetitive tasks and may require extended periods of standing, crouching, crawling, or kneeling.
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Thank you for your interest with On Site Projects Ltd. (“OSP”). We look forward to reviewing your application. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
OSP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSP complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Pipefitting: 1 year (Preferred)
- tacking: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSTS (Preferred)
- Driver’s Abstract with < 6 demerits (Required)