PALA Interstate, LLC
Lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and maintain piping according to the specifications, drawings, or the particular project requirements in a safe manner.
Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blue prints. Uses basic math skills including geometry, trigonometry to make calculations for work. Can complete difficult job tasks according to job specifications with minimal or no supervision.
- Work safely at all times. The Pipefitter must assess the work area for any hazards and correct any identified immediately. If any hazards arise during work the Pipefitter must stop work until the problem is corrected.
- Able to read and understand the isometric and pipe drawings. Reads studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blueprints to gain understanding of work to be done.
- Fitters will need to be competent working with a full variety of different materials and alloys and they must be able to make appropriate selections, measurements, and cuts for pipe systems.
- Fitters will prepare pipe lengths and setup joints and fittings for subsequent final completion by welder.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials needed for each job per specifications and drawings.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to make sure holes cut out for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts, grinds, threads and bends pipe according to job specifications.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal and non-metal pipe and fittings.
- Advanced rigging and material handling skills.
- Rigs, directs lifts and stages material, parts and equipment.
- Secures Pipe to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
- Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges.
- Operates fire extinguisher and safety shower and other tools/equipment necessary to perform work.
- Uses basic math skills including geometry and trigonometry to make calculations for work.
- Ability to read and utilize Pipefitter’s Blue Book.
- Required to maintain clean and safe work environment
- Bolt up flanges using proper procedure, bolts, gaskets, per drawings and specifications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Four years’ experience in piping, rigging and flagging.
- NCCER Pipefitting Certification strongly desired.
- Must pass our in-house Pipe Fitter Assessment Test
PALA Group, Inc. and its Subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time