GEMCO Constructors, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems and service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States
FOREMAN – PIPEFITTER/WELDER COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
THIS IS A 100% TRAVEL POSITION WITH PER DIEM
The Pipefitter/Welder Foreman will supervise, coordinate, and schedule crew of 3-15 construction employees daily; oversee Pipefitting operation in assigned area.
- MUST HAVE MIN 4 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH BLACK IRON PIPE
- 4 years Construction Foreman experience preferred
- 5-8 years of verifiable construction experience required
- Ability to read blueprints
- Work experience in plumbing construction, remodeling, construction project coordination experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts.
- Supervisory ability a must.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings.
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities; experience managing crews and subcontractors preferred
- Ability to effectively read and understand work plans
- Requires the ability to comply with all safety policies and procedures; communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure projects are completed properly.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- MUST HAVE A CURRENT VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
- Requires ability to climb and maintain balance on scaffold/ladder
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs; may be required to work in adverse weather conditions.
- The position may require standing, bending, reaching, lifting a majority of the work day.
- Drive a company vehicle (truck).
- Other manual labor as required.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That’s why at GEMCO Constructors we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our core purpose “DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY”. GEMCO Constructors Mission is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective projects on schedule by employing and supporting motivated, consistent, and focused teams. We empower our employees to do the right thing at the right time for the right cost, to build relationships with our customers and each other to drive a sustainable future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Company’s Facebook page: