Hamilton Waste & Recycling are a leading integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join an already very successful team. Currently looking for Plant Fitter / Fabricator with administration skills.
Full time – 7am – 5pm from Mon to Fri. Overtimes may be available during the week as also on Saturday so flexibility is desirable.
As a Plant Fitter / Fabricator you would be qualified and hold welding and, or other certificates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Liaising and reporting to site supervisor and, or site manager
· General maintenance across the site;
· Changing bearings, motors, gearboxes on the plant;
· Complete daily job sheet;
· Carrying out repairs, service and other maintenance on vehicles, machines and affected components, including engines, brakes, steering, etc.;
· Using variety of specialist equipment and tools;
· Liaising with site management with regards to required repairs and part ordering;
· Liaising with suppliers, sourcing parts and comparing prices;
· Previous experience in working within this sector is desirable
· Ability to work as a part of a team
· Have full UK Driving Licence (desirable Class I and, or II);
· Good level of English
· Attention to detail
· Mobile Plant tickets are desirable (e.g. loading Shovel, FLT, MEWP, etc.)
· Experience in welding, hard facing and general maintenance
· Keen to learn new skills and willing to attend training;
· Proven mechanical experience and relevant skills – e.g. NVQs;
· High awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental;
Salary to be negotiable depends on the experience.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we may receive, we are not always able to respond to every CV. If you have not hear back within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance, but you could still be considered for any similar positions in the future.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 10 hour shift