We are looking to recruit an experienced Welder Fabricator to work with part of a team of other skilled workers, however, your duties may often be performed with minimal supervision so ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently in a factory setting. Role may develop into a plant fitter/maintenance position over time.
· Welder Fabricator, mainly working with reinforcement cages, setting out 10mm and 12mm bars onto a steel jig and spot welding up. All cages to be robust and secularly constructed.
· Some light fabrication work may be required from time to time, adjusting brackets and fittings to steel moulds, walkways, handrails etc
· Interpretation of drawings, checking own work and ensuring control of steel stock in and holding. Clean tidy work areas at all times.
A successful Welder Fabricator enjoys working with their hands and has an analytical mind. They can physically meet the demands of the job and have an eye for detail.
· Ability to use variety of tools and equipment;
. Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude;
· Ability to read blueprints and recognise welding symbols and specifications;
· Knowledge of industry safety practices
· Knowledge of specific welding processes, mainly MIG.
· Ability to use heavy machinery, such as forklifts and cranes
- 3 years experience
- Can do attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team without constant supervision
- Basic understanding of Safety, health and Environment practices
- Quality and production Control Knowledge/ Experience
- 40 hours per week Mon to Fri 06:00 – 14:00 or 14:00 – 22:00
- Reporting to Production Supervisor
- Overtime available
- Hourly rate dependent on experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- 28 days Holiday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent