Protocan is a growing business offering precision metal fabrication and machine shop services to commercial and government customers.
We are seeking a person experienced in the precision metal fabrication industry. A knowledge of setting up common fabrication equipment, ie. shear, CNC brake press, CNC punch press is an asset. Sanding, grinding and assembling of product will be required as production dictates. Must have a basic knowledge to manufacture parts and assemblies from print to final product. Welding experience is required.
Key Skills and Experience
- GTAW, GMAW, SMAW experience
- CWB certification an asset
- Experience with carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Interpret drawings and models
- Ability to plan and think in steps and visualize three-dimensionally
- Make jigs and fixtures to create welded assemblies in accordance with drawing requirements and precision tolerances.
- Experience reading, interpreting and following blueprints and welding symbols
- Ability to read precise measuring instruments such as calipers, and interpret drawings to calculate required dimensions in both inches and millimeters to 3 decimal points.
- Experience operating a variety of production equipment and machines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Previous experience working in a high-volume production facility
- Excellent work ethic and proven dependability
- Strong problem solving skills
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$24.00 per hour
- Precision Fabrication Welding: 2 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)