Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, smart building solutions, and industrial signage we are expanding our business offering and seeking a Prefab Welder/Fabricator to join the FSG San Antonio Prefab team.
As a Prefab Welder/Fabricator you will successfully produce quality assemblies for construction sites. The ideal candidate will be career-oriented, bring solid ideas and be able to hit the ground running.
The Prefab Welder/Fabricator will:
- Fabricating/welding custom materials for electrical prefabrication shop.
- Reading and working from blueprints, creating layouts, and communicating effectively with the team.
- Be proficient with cutting torch, plasma cutter and MiG welding.
- Be able to use and read measuring devices such as tape measures, level, etc.
- Be able to read, understand, and work from blueprints and/or shop drawings.
- Must know, understand, and abide by all fab shop safety rules and work schedules.
- Be able to withstand prolonged sitting and standing
- Be able to safely lift up to75 lbs.
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Other prefab tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical training from an accredited school or six (6) months of related welding experience.
- Ability to work to report to the warehouse location
- Able to work overtime as required
- Able to work in a warehouse environment including varying temperatures, noise levels, repetitive tasks and fast pace.
- Must be able to pass basic ASME certification tests.
- Must be able to pass a drug and background screen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Stable employment
- 401K Program with matching
- Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religi