Schedule: 14 days in, followed by 14 days off
Rate of Pay: $46.70/ hour
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Plant Welder to join our Process Plant Maintenance team reporting to the Process Plant Mechanical Supervisor.
Detour Lake is the second largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The open pit mine is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometres northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometres by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt.The mine is situated in the area of the historic Detour Lake open pit/underground mine operated by Placer Dome which produced 1.8 million ounces of gold from 1983 to 1999. The Detour Lake operation has a mine life of approximately 22 years with an average gold production of 659,000 ounces per year.
The Process Plant Welder will be responsible for providing support to the Process Plant Maintenance team by efficient, reliable and safe welding practices while ensuring compliance with all safety and regulatory procedures and acts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and welding process specifications;
- Operating manual or semi-automatic flame cutting, brazing and soldering equipment;
- Performing structural welding repairs to process plant equipment and parts;
- Designing and fabricating metal/components as required;
- Participate in activities that contribute to the overall achievement of ‘World Class’ safety performance where safety is owned and embraced by everyone;
- Promote a positive health, safety and environment culture and the Internal Responsibility System.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario College of Trades welder trade certificate;
- CWB welder certification;
- 5 years’ related experience, with 3 years’ experience welding on process plant equipment and parts;
- Knowledge and experience operating various welding equipment for positioning purposes;
- Millwright trade certificate or related experience is an asset;
- Experience working in a remote site is considered an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.