· Work as part of our production team in the manufacturing of automotive assemblies in a Just In Time environment.
· Ensure safe work practices and follow standardized work instructions as set out by the Company and all Personal Protective Equipment are worn as required.
· Perform all jobs as assigned according to standardized work instructions.
· Clean work areas and equipment in keeping with 5S and Kaizen programs.
· Grind or clean products into final form using hand tools if required.
· Check manufactured parts for defects and conformance of specifications, visually or using sample models and instruments.
· Complete reports on production and quality as required.
· Perform minor repairs to manufactured parts rejected from the production process.
· Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, i.e. robots and fixed automation equipment.
· Check products at different stages of the production process for visual defects.
· Perform other duties as required from time to time by your Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager.
· Participate in all company provided training.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
· College Diploma in manufacturing, robotics, and welding are definite assets.
· Previous experience in a similar position would be an asset.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR PRODUCT:
· Various manufacturing equipment in an automotive modular assemblies manufacturing environment.
· Some heavy lifting may be required, and may be in excess of 20 pounds.
· Good dexterity in maneuvering parts, chisel checks, etc.
· Noise levels exceeding 85 decibels in most plant floor areas.
· Manufacturing Environment
· Mandatory PPE requirements
· Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations while working in “Just in Time” environment.
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING:
· Responsible to adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety programs in accordance with the OHSA and ISO 14001
· Follow and ensure the Company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
· Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to the safety rules and regulations.
· Ensure that your Department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
ACCESSIBILITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS
Sodecia has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.88-$21.54 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Personal hygiene requirements
Protective barriers in eating areas
- production or factory: 1 year (preferred)
- welding: 1 year (preferred)