LifeTec Construction Group is a new company on the leading edge of the construction industry, using the world’s most advanced end-to-end cold-formed steel (CFS) building design and construction technology. We are the first organization in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest to introduce FRAMECAD’s proprietary steel framing technology. By applying the world’s most advanced steel printing software and CNC machinery, we render, print and assemble light gauge steel structures in ¼ of the time when compared to traditional framing methods. We pre-assemble our panels in our factory and install steel wall panels, floor joists, and roof trusses, which is where you come in.
PRODUCTION/SHOP MANAGER –
COLD FORM STEEL PRE-FABRICATION AND ASSEMBLY
This position is very important to our organization. It needs a quick-minded, bright and energetic individual, capable of working semi-autonomously, with a commitment to integrity, honesty and forthrightness in all dealings and with a genuine passion for shop management.
You will report to our President & CEO and your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Own quality of all prefab products built, assembled and constructed with-in pre-fabrication facility and on construction site for effective and successful installation of our projects,
- Follow, study, and when necessary implement latest industry innovations in pre-fabrication,
- Lead, manage, supervise, cross train shop talent, preparing each for future roles in the firm
- Work with estimating in preparation of shop budget and meet or beat man-hour budget,
- Make safe work practice the first consideration from conception to completion in shop / site,
- Collaboratively work with members of project team (president, estimators detailers, project managers, site super, etc) during pre-construction, planning and construction phases,
- Visit job sites to ensure product quality and accuracy, resolve field conditions / fit issues and resolve any potential conflicts in pre-fabrication design and construction,
- Work with dwg office, project management and site in sequencing, logistics and delivery,
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement thru proactive process improvement,
- Manage shop workers in safe work practices, job productivity with coaching / mentoring,
- Keep and maintain records and lists of operations and order inventory when required,
- Stay on top of shop / site schedule and plan materials and resources as required,
- Communicate regularly / openly and meet weekly with project and senior manager team,
- Be on the watch for “Murphy”, anticipate where things could go wrong and plan accordingly
- Completion of High School or GED along with post-secondary education
- a minimum of 5 years industry experience and an ability to read and interpret blue- print drawings will be expected.
- Light gauge steel work experience would be a definite asset.
- In addition, you will be required to have valid certification in WHMIS, Fall Protection, First Aid Level 2 and Forklift.
- Personally, you are detailed, accurate, organized and disciplined in your approach and delivery and mechanically inclined and willing to assist as required.
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is a must.
- A competitive salary can be expected.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent