Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast paced, growing manufacturing company? If so, this could be the ideal role for you!
Active Exhaust Corp. is a leader in the design, test and manufacture of exhaust systems for a broad range of global customers. With more than 550 employees worldwide—many of whom have been with our company for over 30 years—our global footprint ensures we can execute through state-of-the-art processes within North America and South and East Asia.
We offer competitive compensation, group benefits, RRSP matching and plenty of advancement opportunities. If you are an ambitious, self-motivated and driven individual looking for an ideal company to launch your new career and/or to yearning to continue to grow and develop in your current role, you are encouraged you to apply!
Purpose of Position: This role is primarily responsible to execute the day-to-day function of safety, quality and efficiency in the Weld Department. Production to be completed on time with 100% accuracy, as determined by the build plan and specified by the Lead/Scheduler – Welding, in order to meet the build plan and on time delivery to the customer.
- Leads, directs, trains and manages all employees in the Welding Department including Lead Hands, and Production Employees within the Welding department.
- Ensures that established standards for labour efficiency & utilization, material utilization & product quality are met within the department.
- Participate in daily production shift hand over meetings & ensures that the department is following production schedule & implements corrective action to prevent deviation in order to meet due dates.
- Responsible to ensure that all production is completed accurately, within Active Exhaust Corp’s quality standards and on time as per production schedule.
- Complies & ensures that all necessary reports (production, labour, rework, scrap and attendance) & written documentation complies with Active Exhaust Corp. policies & procedures as well as updates and maintains all visual whiteboards.
- Weekly meeting shall be held with all employees about safety, quality, efficiency and any other concerns or issues. This shall also include build plan progress, current status and performance.
- Daily shift startup meetings to discuss immediate issues in addition to communicating the plan for the shift.
- Enforce all necessary rules as defined by Active Policies and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Perform all disciplinary functions as necessary for the circumstances with the employees in the dept.
- All other duties as assigned by Management.
- Post- Secondary Education with a technical focus and experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 5 years of Manufacturing experience required
- Experience and knowledge with welding processes
- Effective communication skills to effectively interact across all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with all machines and processes in a welding environment.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting blueprints
- Computer proficient MS Office (Word, Excel)
Powered by JazzHR