LifeTec Construction Group is a new company on the leading edge of the construction industry, using the world’s most advanced end-to-end cold-formed steel (CFS) building design and construction technology. We are the first organization in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest to introduce FRAMECAD’s proprietary steel framing technology. By applying the world’s most advanced steel printing software and CNC machinery, we render, print and assemble light gauge steel structures in ¼ of the time when compared to traditional framing methods. We pre-assemble our panels in our Port Kells, Surrey, BC factory and install steel wall panels, floor joists, and roof trusses, which is where you come in.
This position is very important to our organization. It needs a quick-minded, bright and energetic individual, capable of working semi-autonomously, with a commitment to integrity, honesty and forthrightness in all dealings and with a genuine passion for shop production.
You will report to the Shop Manager. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Take ownership and accountability to ensure quality of all prefab products built, assembled and constructed with-in pre-fabrication facility and on construction site for effective and successful installation of our projects,
- Assist the Supervisor with leading, managing and coordinating daily activities.
- Assist with managing shop workers practices assignments, job productivity with coaching / mentoring.
- Champion health and safety in the workplace; lead team huddles, ensure safety procedures are being followed, help resolve safety concerns to ensure workplace is safe.
- Stay on top of shop / site schedule and plan materials and resources as required.
- Communicate regularly / openly and meet weekly with project team as required.
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement thru proactive process improvement.
- Keep and maintain records and lists of operations and order inventory when required.
- Be on the watch for “Murphy”, anticipate where things could go wrong and plan accordingly
- Completion of High School or GED along with post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3+ years industry experience and an ability to read and interpret blue- print drawings will be expected.
- Light gauge steel work experience would be a definite asset.
- Valid certification in WHMIS, Fall Protection, First Aid Level 2 and Forklift.
- Personally, you are detailed, accurate, organized and disciplined in your approach and delivery and mechanically inclined and willing to assist as required.
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent