Westward is seeking a production welder.
Who we are?
Westward Industries manufactures on-road electric utility vehicles for cities throughout the US and Canada. Westward is a smaller sized company that is aggressively growing. Very engaged management group. Make a difference with Westward by building cool electric vehicles.
Who we need?
An experienced part time or full time welder that can assist in welding our vehicle sub assemblies or chassis’s.
Skills are assets needed?
- Weld a wide variety of components from, simple parts to larger assemblies, in a timely, accurate and safe manner. Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints
- Experience with MIG Welding. 2-3 years welding experience required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Clear communication (understanding written and verbal cues)
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the following physical Requirements:
- Physically able to lift up to 50-75 pounds.
- Physically able to twist and bend frequently.
- Physically able to walk and/or stand for eight hours.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Know and understand the WHMIS labeling system.
- Welding certificate an asset
- Good attitude and attention to detail required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 – 40 per week
Salary: $20.00-$26.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- welding: 2 years (required)
Expected start date: 2022-03-21