We are looking to recruit an experienced Welder Fabricator to work with part of a team of other skilled workers, however, your duties may often be performed with minimal supervision so ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently in a factory setting. Role may develop into a plant fitter/maintenance position over time.
Welder Fabricator, mainly working with reinforcement cages, setting out 10mm and 12mm bars onto a steel jig and spot welding up. All cages to be robust and secularly constructed.
Some light fabrication work may be required from time to time, adjusting brackets and fittings to steel moulds, walkways, handrails etc
Interpretation of drawings, checking own work and ensuring control of steel stock in and holding. Clean tidy work areas at all times.
A successful Welder Fabricator enjoys working with their hands and has an analytical mind. They can physically meet the demands of the job and have an eye for detail.
· Ability to use variety of tools and equipment;
· Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude;
· Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications;
· Knowledge of industry safety practices
· Knowledge of specific welding processes, mainly MIG.
· Ability to use heavy machinery, such as forklifts and cranes
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team without constant supervision
- Basic understanding of Safety, health and Environment practices
- Quality and production Control Knowledge/ Experience
- 40 hours per week Mon to Fri 06:00 – 14:00 or 14:00 – 22:00
- Reporting to Production Supervisor
- Overtime available
- Hourly rate dependent on experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- 28 days Holiday
Previous experience working with pre-cast/ concrete products or in a manufacturing environment would be desirable.
Reference ID: CWP003
Application deadline: 05/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Volunteer
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)