Powell is a top player in Switchgear and E-house Manufacturing, Field & Valve Servicing, a career with us will challenge you to solve some very tough problems. You will be rewarded with growth, personal development & industry expertise. At Powell, we appreciate our employees by providing a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, extensive benefits and job training all within a professional & friendly working environment.
Based out of the Electrical Division Edmonton (EDE) location, we are seeking a day shift production worker. The Production Worker will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor of the Fabrication department. Under the direction and guidance of the Journeyman Welder, the Production Worker will use a variety of skills and tools to produce precision parts and construct Powell Canada products.
- Masking and Dipping
- Move parts from one manufacturing operation to the next, according to the part routing.
- Loading and unloading of steel or other product from trucks (indoor/outdoor).
- Assist with shop and yard organization.
- Assist Brake Operators with heavy or awkward parts during braking operations.
- Assist machine operators with various tasks upon request.
- Assist Welders during weld operations.
- Remove finished parts from sheet metal skeletons.
- De-burring, grinding or finishing of metal parts using all types of air/electric grinders or sanders.
- Sort and stack parts by part number & job number combination.
- Operate pallet jack, forklift and cranes.
- Knowledge and ability to use general hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, vise grips, etc.
- On occasion, required to perform labor tasks such as painting, grinding, sanding or general cleaning tasks as directed by Supervisor or Lead Person.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensures quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure work area remains clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
Job Requirements – Core Competencies
- Ability to read a tape measure (including conversions from fraction to decimal and conversely from decimal to fraction and metric to imperial).
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Able to work effectively within a team and around other departments and their activities.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma is required.
- 1-2 year metal fabrication shop experience is considered an asset.
- Safety certifications are an asset for this position.
- Working with hot temperatures.
- Safety sensitive position in a temperature controlled manufacturing or industrial environment with occasional outside activities.
- Required to wear personnel protective equipment at all times (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety harnesses as required) and respirators when required.
- Must be able to work from all type of ladders (step ladders, “A” frame ladders and all size extension ladders) and scaffolding.
- Working at heights usually no higher than 30 feet in the air on or using proper lift equipment.
- Able to maintain body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner continuously.
- Continuous standing, walking 50-300 foot distances for long periods of time with only occasional sitting.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently throughout the shift.
- Able to frequently look over shoulders, work with both arms above shoulders and use both arms at full length frequently.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force continuously up to 50lbs.
- Ability to use hand tools such as tin snips, hammer, and power tools (some vibrating), for long periods of time with frequent repetition.
Who we are
Powell Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Powell Industries, which is located in Houston, Texas. Globally, we have over 70 years of experience. Powell Canada is a reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting company. We hold a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Montreal and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care