Are you a Quality Control Inspector who enjoys variety in your work? Do you want to work at a single location in a stable union environment? Are you looking for a Company who can provide you with career progression opportunities and training to keep qualifications up to date? If you answered YES to these questions, then we have the job for you!
We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, who thrives on trust, commitment, and team involvement. You are working well in cooperating with others for the benefit of the organization. Your character is equally important as your credentials. If you are willing to learn, we will provide the training.
Since 1965, Ebco Industries has delivered world-class quality manufacturing and repair and rebuild services to projects based domestically and worldwide. Our unique capabilities provide a ‘one stop’ operation for our customer requirements. Our strengths encompass the complete spectrum from heavy metal fabrication, heavy machining, turnkey assembly to light precision machining and fabrication as well as precision sheet metal fabrication. Our customers range from small and/or start-up companies to world class suppliers of OEM capital equipment and machinery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your role is critical to the reputation that Ebco has built for delivering world-class quality manufacturing and repair and rebuild services. You will be responsible for providing accurate, and reliable results. As a Quality Control Inspector, you will be responsible for:
· Welding inspection
· Dimensional inspection, surface finish, surface profile, coating inspection
· Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
· Verifying dimensions of all sizes of fabricated and machined parts
· Calibrate measuring instruments and devices
· Using measuring instruments and devices such as calipers, micrometers, various gauges, including FARO Arm
· Identify deviations/discontinuities and issuing non conformances
· Examining the work performed by fitters, tackers, welding operators or welders, machinists, sandblasters, painters
· Producing, organizing, and maintaining Inspection Records and Reports
· Organizing and producing History Dockets
· CWB, AWS or equivalent certification as a recognized visual welding inspector. MT, PT, and UT inspection certification (CGSB or equivalent) is an asset.
· FARO Arm experience is an asset.
· Mechanical Technology Diploma or Mechanical Engineering or Journeyman Machinist/Fitter/Welder status is an asset.
· Must be able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and read Blueprints.
· Must be fluent in English (Written & Oral).
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
· Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Skilled using micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other measuring instruments.
· Good commands of math.
· Knowledge of Auto CAD and/or Solid works or similar programs.
· Working knowledge of Visual Manufacturing System is an asset.
· Must be a reliable team player willing and able to multitask.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care