CNTNR Modular Building Solutions
CNTNR Modular Building Solutions is a rapidly expanding, innovative modular manufacturing company that is challenging the status quo of the construction industry. We have pioneered a manufacturing process using repurposed steel shipping containers, prefabricated into modular building blocks and assembled on-site to create container-based structures. The result: eco-friendly, structurally superior buildings in half the time of traditional building processes that are also beautiful, functional, and modern.
With a product this spectacular we need a team equal to it. If you have the skills and drive to be part of the next generation of construction, apply today. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and profit sharing—because we want the best.
QC INSPECTOR – WELDING
The QC Inspector – Welding role is full time, offering a highly competitive compensation package including fair wage, benefits and positive company culture.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret blueprints, charts and tables
- Monitor or observe welding operations to ensure that they meet quality control standards
- Recommend adjustments to the process or products
- Create and monitor the entire welding quality control program for the company under AWS D1.1 and CWB W47.1/59
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
- Recommend removal or repair methods to all products and materials that fail to meet specifications
- Perform in process and final inspection of parts and assemblies
- Record inspection and test results and prepare and submit reports to direct supervisor
- Perform weld inspection as per code
- Participate in the design & validation of components and adjust to improve efficiency and productivity within the production and fabrication process
- File and preserve various Quality Records. Prepare and submit reports to the CWB and prepare material for CWB audits
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Coordinate with Foreman, Project Coordinators, and Procurement Manager as required to carry out requirements and expectations
- Test welding hand skills of new hires/potential hires
- Report directly to the Chief Operations Officer
- Other tasks as assigned
Experience and Attributes:
- Minimum of five years of related experience
- Detailed, organized, thorough and accurate
- Committed to professional development and ongoing learning; accepts training and direction well
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team while also maintaining individual tasks and deadlines
- High level working knowledge of CWB 47.1/W59 and AWS D1.1
- Dedicated to working in and promoting a safe work environment
Education and Training:
- Red Seal Structural Welder
- Certified Level 2 Structural Welding Inspectors Certificate
- CWB 47.1/W59 Welding Certificate
- AWS D1.1 Welding Inspectors Certificate (preferred)
To learn more about us, please visit us at https://cntnr.ca/ or check us out on our social media platforms!
CNTNR is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We fully embrace the differences that make us stronger and will rigorously uphold protections against discrimination and harassment outlined in provincial and federal law.