Position Title: Quality System Supervisor/Structural I
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Summary of duties – Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking a Quality System/Structural Supervisor to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Quality System/Structural Supervisor Reports to QA Manager. Direct assistant to Level III NDE as assigned to perform duties within the capacity of their current qualifications. Assist in preparation of materials and equipment; and serve as weld operator when applicable in the qualifying of Welding procedures for NAVSEA and ABS programs. Assist Level III NDE as necessary in the preparation and maintenance of materials to support the Welder, Brazer and NDT training and qualification programs. Perform specific inspections as assigned and assist in surveillance of work performed on government and commercial work items, specializing in structural and welding compliance. Performs in-progress work surveillances and will conduct final work-package review after work-completion for welding, brazing and NDT, provided required certifications have been obtained.
Assists in the development and maintenance of quality standards for structural and pipe material and equipment receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Reviews status of in-process rejections and recommends appropriate corrective action. Assist QA as necessary with internal audits to monitor compliance with company procedures. Assist in maintaining quality records for structural and pipe material and equipment receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Advises management of test trends, returns, vendor performance and audit results and corrective action needed. Performs other assigned duties as required by Management.
Area of Expertise: Welding, Brazing and Non-Destructive Testing associated with service craft, boat, ship and submarine repair and modernization.
Specific description of duties:
- Assist in development of Quality and Workmanship standards for Welders, Brazers and NDT.
- Obtain and maintain Level II NDT certification.
- Assist with the development of quality control and inspection procedures for inclusion in production Work-Packages.
- Assist with defining test standards and specifies test equipment and procedures.
- Reviews Technical Specifications and contract requirements during Work Package and QA Workbook development to provide guidance for Welding, Brazing and NDT technical requirements, PCP development and qualification needs.
- Assist in development of pre-populated test and inspection records.
- Aide in monitoring compliance in accordance with company Quality Management System, Workmanship standards and Customer requirements.
- Conducts Quality Assurance inspections, and Surveillances in accordance with written instructions.
- Performs inspections of material and prefabricated assemblies prior to items being delivered to work sites for installation.
- Aide in evaluation of Suppliers.
- Assist in Sub-Contractor surveillance and coordination of activities.
- Understudy of the NDE in development of the Combat System Alignment (CSA) program.
- Perform duties in regard to shop facility outfitting, organization, improvements and maintenance.
- Assist with review of QA control requirements with customer representative to assure compliance with requirements.
- Assist with review of contractually required documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
- Job Training: Welder[Qualified]/ Level I WWI [Qualified]; or currently qualified and/or able to obtain Level II NDT VT
- Work experience: 10 years waterfront naval shipboard/ structural experience, or 5 years waterfront naval shipboard/ structural experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Clearance up to secret level required.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements:
Physical requirements include the following:
- Lifting/moving up to and including 50 pounds
In performing these duties, you may be required to work outdoors or in the warehouse. You will experience temperature variations, extremely loud noises, and other physical hazards.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email [email protected] or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.