Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, Mining, and Marine sectors is seeking a Quality Technologist for its West Kelowna, BC location.
They have been serving their customers both locally and throughout Western Canada for over 50 years, providing only the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
Northside Industries requires a positive, hands-on, team-oriented individual who can contribute to the growth of the company.
Recognizing that quality affects all aspects of our business, from processes, products to our people and customers, the proactive identification, root cause analysis and implementation of quality and continuous improvement initiatives are centric to the Quality Technologist role. Ability to work individually and in a team environment and the capability to engage a variety of stakeholders combined with strong communication and execution abilities are key to this role.
Reporting to the QA/Eng. Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the QMS meets the company’s quality objectives, customer requirements and relevant certification requirements while driving a continuous improvement culture within the company.
Working with internal and external stakeholders, the Quality Technologist shall manage elements that contribute to final product quality and implement measures to enhance operational performance, reduce risks and costs throughout the entire product life cycle.
- 2+ year of experience Quality Control in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical/Automotive/Manufacturing related diploma/degree or related Quality assurance training or experience
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Control methodologies, systems, regulations, guidelines and associated standards. Experience with ISO 14001 is desirable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and positive team attitude for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers and internal departments.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, and process flow.
- Must possess strong work ethic, highly motivated and self-directed, capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Able to develop, review and maintain metrics and quality Audits
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures and design documents
- Strong leadership abilities and the capability of motivating a diverse team
- Manual dexterity required to use Measuring devices, desktop computer and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor or similar software is desirable
- Knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
Northside Industries offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
If you are a seasoned, self-driven professional who has a proven track-record of successfully leading quality driven production, we want to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via email. Due to our current Health & Safety practices during Covid-19, we ask that you not come by in person to drop your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Mechanical/Automotive/Manufacturing Quality Control : 2 years (Required)
- Autodesk Inventor : 1 year (Preferred)
- Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing : 2 years (Preferred)
- ISO9001: 2 years (Required)
- ISO 14001: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)