Crown Food Service Equipment is a leading design and manufacturer of steam cooking equipment for the commercial foodservice industry.
Crown complements other recent strategic investments in the steam cooking category. With this collection of brands and products, the Middleby steam platform is positioned with industry leading innovations and customer solutions. We are able to address customer demands for labor savings, menu flexibility and automation, while also supporting growing foodservice trends, such as sous vide, organic and other healthy-eating menu options.
We are currently seeking a full-time, permanent Quality and Welding Supervisor to Lead the ASME pressure vessel quality department and assist with day-to-day shop floor operations in a manufacturing production setting.
The role requires the ability to adapt and will include a variety of tasks. Liaise with various departments in a manufacturing setting to receive required information. Ideal candidate is hands on, thrives on detail and accuracy, able to manage their time, and able to take direction or take the lead. The successful candidate will leverage previous experience for the development and carrying out of a variety of challenging projects. Candidate should be able to work well individually and in teams, be self-motivated, well organized, and able to prioritize work.
Benefits after 3 months probationary period
- Lead the ASME pressure vessel and boiler quality department
- Assist with TSSA audits and inspections
- Keep up to date with latest ASME boiler and pressure vessel standard
- Implement new quality procedures, initiatives, welding techniques, welding prosesses
- Audit welders to ensure procedures are being adhered to and enforce workers to perform their own quality check
- Apply knowledge of welding and cutting techniques
- Inspects work to maintain specified standards and quality. Review and inspects the work of employees to check the project specifications and overall quality of work against our standards (and document NCR’s as applicable)
- Complete non-conformance reports (“NCR”) when errors are made
- Preserve the quality of equipment by scheduling & completing preventative maintenance to ensure equipment are in safe working condition and reduce downtime.
- Ensures the shop floor is kept in a clean and organized state at all times. Inspects the shop at the end of every shift and enforces workers to clean up their work areas and turn off all equipment
- Oversee fabrication and welding of steel and aluminum using TIG/MIG (must be CWB certified at a minimum)
- Oversee welding-related standards and specifications
- ·Assist shop floor employees in the interpretation of blueprints and work instructions and provide technical directions
- Quality control of all final assembled products
- Schedule production activities where relevant
- Create and follow project drawings (preference for someone with design experience or who has worked with design agencies)
- Ability to troubleshoot and be innovative in problem solving
- Keep abreast of all relevant employee health & safety standards and ensure the facility meets these requirements.
- Ensure sufficient levels of inventory are on hand at all times such that there are no “stock-outs” during a project
- Maintain facility in line with 5S principles
- KPI reports, and all necessary reports to comply with policies & procedures
- Perform monthly inventory audits/counts to reconcile level of stock physically counted against system quantities
- Assisting with daily oversight of all production-related task
- Responsible for completing projects on time, on budget and with the high-quality that customers have come to expect. Hands on position that will require day-to-day fabrication and projects
- Co-ordination installation of new equipment & training
- Ability to be creative and problem-solver, able to visualize complex challenges and implement innovative solutions
- Plans, checks and ensure work orders are available for shop floor employees to ensure goals of daily productivity are being met
- Attending and contributing to meetings with staff and other stakeholders
- Participate in company cross-training program (as trainee and trainer)
- Standardizing, implementing and creating new guidelines, policies and best practices within the purchasing operation
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures, health and safety policies & procedures, regulations & standards, quality standards and good housekeeping 5S practices
- Commit to and participate in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methods
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of post-secondary education/applicable certification (AEC/DEP or skilled trade certificate)
- CWB Welding License
- Working knowledge of all relevant boiler and pressure vessel standards
- Minimum 3 years of experience in welding
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Work experience in a manufacturing or similar setting
- Experienced in the operations and maintenance of shop equipment including but not limited to: shears, brakes, plasma cutters, iron-worker, band saw, over head crane, forklift, etc.
- Practical experience with ERP systems
- Experience working with TSSA
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Leadership – to work closely with plant staff and other staff members within the company, ensuring they are managing purchases properly on their end of the supply chain
- Communication – work in a collaborative environment that requires coordination with other departments and negotiation with vendors
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office; email, Word, Excel, PPT
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). If you require accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Work Location: One location