Plant maintenance/mechanic position is responsible for preventative maintenance, repair of facility machinery. As a plant maintenance/mechanic you may perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping and various other shop or processing duties.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by Production
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Conducts OSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment and repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog process is completed and prioritized with Plant Manager.
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and to run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Duties may include checking, repairing or replacing pumps.
- Inspects and ensures maintenance truck is being maintained properly
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance services, lubrications services are completed according to Maintenance Module.
- Trains and coaches other employees on preventive maintenance practices
- Follows all LOTOTO procedures
- Clear Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Experience using oxygen and acetylene torches
- Arc welding experience preferred (certifications preferred but not required)
- General knowledge of use of power tools (electric and pneumatic) and pneumatic controlled systems
- Must have own tools
- Ability to work in elevated areas (up to 80’)
- Ability to work a flexible working schedule
All time is spent in an outside setting that may require various periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc. Must be able to work early mornings and/or evenings, 12 hour shifts, and Monday thru Saturday schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled