Harris Rebar is North America’s leading fabricator, installer and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Harris Rebar provides local service from rebar fabrication shops across North America. Each location is equipped with state of the art fabrication equipment, however, it is OUR TEAM that makes the difference; driving our success with their knowledge, experience and know-how to get your job done.
At Harris Rebar we respect, believe and invest in our people, who in turn deliver the highest level in service to our customers.
Bend, cut, bundle, and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer’s orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
- Perform all tasks with regard to your safety and the safety of others.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate Bender Machine
- Operate Shear Machine
- Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Safety Conscious
- Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Overtime hours may be required
- Shift work may be required
- Must be familiar with, and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Outdoor working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold