Red Seal Fabricator
Full time 40 hours a week
Reporting to Shop Foreman
West Coast Pre Fab is dedicated to continuing it’s solid relationship with our customers. WCPF offers complete steel and specialty metal fabrication products for the pulp and paper, timber, and energy industries. We also continue to complete commercial structural steel projects for our long time customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Weld, fabricate, and assembles structural components and specialty metal products, such as chutes, towers, and misc metals.
- Setup and operate fabricating machines, such as shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Design and construct from blueprints and verbal instructions.
- Verification of workmanship to the specifications required of each work piece.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong welding ability in FCAW, MCAW, and SMAW all position is a necessity
- Must be able to measure, cut, form, fit and weld carbon, stainless and aluminum.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Efficient and attentive to details
- Strong communication skills
- Able to interact and work well with others
- Ability to function as a team member
- Must be able to maintain a safe and organized work environment
Offering benefits and RRSP contributions after probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Metal fabrication: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place