Resistance Robotic Welding – Team Lead
Marlin Steel (www.MarlinWire.com) is a cutting-edge steel fabrication company that sells wire, sheet metal and machined components to many different industries from aerospace to pharmaceutical. We design, fixture, weld and bend the highest quality wire baskets, racks and sheet metal parts, and we do it super-fast. We are located just outside Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. We are 100% “American Made.” We have grown more than 50% in the last five years. We export products worldwide – China, India, Taiwan, Japan, Europe, Mexico, Canada and 30 other countries! Marlin Steel offers competitive salaries, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, health, dental, and vision insurance. To learn more about Marlin – please watch both videos https://marlinwire.wistia.com/medias/imqby3m9ud & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdjr9DoGmlE.
1. Supervise and coordinates activities of shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment
2. Proficient metalworking leader including manual machining, setting up TIG, MIG, and resistance spot welding, setting up press brakes
3. Understand and read blueprints
4. Nimble and Adaptable – Produce prototypes, small run production, and large-scale production
5. Recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions
6. Willing to learn how to set up and program robotic resistance welding cells effectively – https://www.marlinwire.com/ideal-welding-machine
- Team Leader – high integrity and good communicator.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Aids in making employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, safety, cost or efficiency. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as machine setters and fabricators.
- Manages departmental performance measures and priorities
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plan assignments and production sequences to meet production goals
- Observe work and monitor other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Set up and program machines for specific cell
- Properly supply welders with tools, equipment and materials.
- Supervises direct reports to best utilize manpower and materials, exercises discipline to prevent absenteeism and poor quality of work as well as unsafe work practices.
- Responsible for disciplinary write-ups and performance reviews of team
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- mig welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
- tig welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible