Responsible for fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weld-able material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules in a robotic weld cell environment.
- Weld components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Operate hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Set-up, monitor, adjust industrial robotic weld cell.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify Lead hand or maintenance department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- All required PPE while in plant.
- Work safe & ergonomically by following JH&S policies.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents across the plant.
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Welding course or CWB certified and asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Welding and Fitting trade.
- Familiar with operating Motoman industrial Mig robots and asset
- Familiarity with the use of Jigs & fixtures
- Ability to read engineering drawings and use of a measuring tape and vernier
- High level of detail accuracy, manual dexterity, and hand-eye co-ordination;
- Repetitive work, willingness to learn new skills
- Proficient at Reading text, Document use, Numeracy;
- Good Written and Oral communication, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory;
- Ability to work as a team/independent;
- Ability to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise.
- Ability to work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written.