Job ID: 221139
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers, and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fits and welds product to specification
Reads and interprets blueprints to successfully weld parts in proper orientation using hand-held MIG torch or robotic welding equipment
Ensures welded parts meet the requirements of the blueprint
Assists in other duties as assigned including, but not limited to; material handling, housekeeping, safety committee activities, etc.
Requirements / Skills
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
Must pass a standard AWS D1.1 fillet weld performance test within 2 weeks of hire
- At least 1 year of experience, preferred
- Ability to use measuring equipment
Strong communication skills
Pass a written skills test with a minimum score of 70%
- Ability to read shop drawings to weld basic products using GMAW
- Basic knowledge of welding symbols and concepts
- Ability to set-up a welding machine based on the Welding Procedure Specification for the job
- Lifting up to 40 lbs
- Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking, and squatting
- Standing for long periods of time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.